2023-2024 SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Richard Secord School will begin accepting Kindergarten and new student registrations for the 2023-2024 school year starting on February 1, 2023. Students who are new to Edmonton Public Schools will need to submit a completed Student Registration Form. You can register on the Division website at register for School starting on February 1, 2023.
Please see Home Page below for Open House information.
Steps to Register for Students New to Edmonton Public Schools
Step 1- Complete the digital student registration form
Step 2- Provide legal proof of the student's name, citizenship and birthdate (see below for examples)
Step 3- Provide 2 pieces of address verification for the student's parent/legal guardian (see below for examples)
Step 4- A member from our administrative team will get in touch with you via email to confirm your registration
*Examples of Legal Proof of a Student's Name
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Canadian passport
- Confirmation of a permanent residence document
*Confirmation of address
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration (must be current living address)
- Lease agreement, rental agreement or purchase agreement
- Utility bill, property tax bill or telephone bill
- Banking, financial or insurance document
- Online Kindgarten Calculator link: epsb.ca/schools/register/kindergartenregistration/
- If the number of students who want to attend a program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection.
- Specific information pertaining to the registration process can be found on the Edmonton Public School’s website.
- Online registrations can be completed on your smartphone or other electronic devices. Submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 14, 2023 may limit your options to schools with available space. Learn more about registration dates and deadlines. All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clear photos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.
CURRENT DIVISION STUDENTS
Pre enrolment is open from March 6 until April 14, 2023. You will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone to notify the school where you'd like your child to attend next year.
New online process
Parents of children who are new to Edmonton Public Schools (including those entering Kindergarten) and independent students (over age 16 and living independently) should:
- fill out the digital student registration form, which is available on the Division website
- upload supporting documents that prove their child’s legal name and birth date, home address and citizenship.
- sign and submit the completed student registration form.
Visit the new student registration page on epsb.ca to learn more.
Click here to for videos about Ecole Richard Secord School, our Cogito or French Immersion programs.
Richard Secord School is full in planned classes in Kindergarten to Grade 6 in the Cogito Program AND Grade 1 in the French immersion program.
If you are registering for Kindergarten or if you are new to Edmonton Public Schools, you must register online.