- The academic rigour of the Cogito program is very demanding.
- Parents must understand the program's expectations to make an informed choice.
- Click Here to See the Cogito Foundational Principles
Is your child ready for the challenge,
and are you, the parents, prepared to work
with your child daily to support their success?
Find out more by attending the online Cogito Information Session on Thursday, February 8th, at 1:00 p.m.
- Google Meet Link: https://meet.google.com/pkx-xidh-tao
COGITO KINDERGARTEN APPLICATIONS
MEETINGS FOR SUCCESS
- February 22, 3:00 p.m.
- All Kindergarten applicants interested in the Cogito Program must participate in a 'Meeting for Success.' This is an opportunity for prospective students to engage in age-appropriate tasks presented in a Cogito setting while being observed by the teachers.
- School Administration will use the evidence and observations collected during the 'Meeting for Success' to engage parents in a conversation about the child's readiness for the expectations and demands of the program.
- These meetings are an essential way to connect with our new families and students, and this connection is vital to student success in the Cogito program.
COGITO - GRADES 1 - 6 APPLICATIONS
- New registrants interested in the Cogito Program can be asked to provide a copy of their latest Progress Report. School
- Administration will use this to engage parents in a conversation about the student’s readiness for the expectations and demands of the program.
- Levels of achievement are not used as the sole determining factor for the child’s readiness for the program.
FRENCH IMMERSION & REGULAR PROGRAMS - KINDERGARTEN-GRADE 6 APPLICATIONS
Find out more about French Immersion by attending the in-person Information Session on Wednesday, February 7th, at 5:00 p.m.
- Resident students from our designated attendance area are guaranteed access at Richard Secord School during pre-enrolment, February 2 - March 22, 2024.
- Siblings of current students who are returning to the school the following year are guaranteed access during pre-enrolment
- We can accept resident students outside the attendance area if there's space.
- We may go to random selection if the number of applicants exceeds available space.
- **Students new to the French Immersion program may begin in kindergarten or grade 1.
REGISTERING A STUDENT NEW TO EDMONTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Steps to Register for Students New to Edmonton Public Schools
Step 1- Complete the digital student registration form
Step 2- Provide legal proof of the student's name, citizenship and birthdate (see below for examples)
Step 3- Provide 2 pieces of address verification for the student's parent/legal guardian (see below for examples)
Step 4- A member of our administrative team will get in touch with you via email to confirm your registration
Examples of Legal Proof of a Student's Name:
- Canadian Provincial Birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Canadian passport
- Confirmation of a permanent residence document
*Confirmation of address:
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration (must be current living address)
- Lease agreement, rental agreement or purchase agreement
- Utility bill, property tax bill or telephone bill
- Banking, financial or insurance documents
CURRENT STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Pre enrolment is open from February 1, until March 22, 2024. You will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone to notify the school where you'd like your child to attend next year.
- Find important dates and deadlines and learn more about pre-enrolment.
FURTHER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Online Kindgarten Calculator link: epsb.ca/schools/register/kindergartenregistration/
- If the number of students who want to attend a program exceeds the available space, applicants from outside the school’s designated attendance area will be chosen by random selection.
- Specific information pertaining to the registration process can be found on the Edmonton Public School’s website.
- Online registrations can be completed on your smartphone or other electronic devices.
Submitting a registration package after the deadline of March 22, 2024, may limit your options to schools with available space.
- Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.
- All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clear photos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.