OPEN HOUSE & REGISTRATION INFORMATION 2021
Like everything else this year, our open house and registration process will be different! Production is currently underway for our school video, highlighting the vision we have for our work with all students at École Richard Secord. Starting on February 2nd, 2021, you will have the opportunity to visit our beautiful building virtually.
- Registration for students new to Edmonton Public Schools begins on February 2, 2021.
- Registration for students currently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School will open on SchoolZone on March 9, 2021.
- In the coming weeks, we will also be posting informational videos about Cogtio and French Immersion Programming. If, after viewing these videos, you have further questions about our school, our programs or the registration process, please add these to the appropriate Google forms attached that will be attached at a later date.
- Then we would love to meet you at one of our virtual “Open House” meetings. We will respond to as many questions as possible.
- February 9, 2021 - For Families Interested in Cogito Only
- 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. (Kindergarten)
- 1:00 - 1:45 p.m. (Grades 1 -3)
- February 10, 2021 - For Families Interested in Cogito Only
- 9:45 - 10:30 a.m. (Grades 4 - 6)
- February 17, 2021 - For Families Interested in French Immersion Only
- 5:00 - 5:45 p.m.
- March 9, 2021 - For Families Interested in Cogito Only
- 9:45 - 10:30 a.m. (All Grades - Anyone Who has Missed Previous Cogito Meetings)
Written responses to parent questions will be posted to our website after each meeting.
On behalf of École Richard Secord School's staff, I would like to express how privileged we feel to work with your children. Our priority is to provide our students with the highest quality educational opportunities in a safe, warm, caring and engaging learning environment, one which both honours our diversity and challenges us to work as a community.
At École Richard Secord School, we believe in our students' incredible potential to learn and the power of a positive educational experience in opening doors of opportunity in their futures. We offer parents and their children a choice of three quality programs: Regular English, French Immersion, and Cogito Alternative.
As an elementary school, our goal is to help your children develop solid foundational skills to build their future educational endeavours. We work hard to support our students in their literacy and numeracy learning. We have high expectations for our students, and we encourage all students to be the best that they can be each and every day.
We also know that successful students are supported by strong, positive relationships between home and school. Our relationships rely on open and ongoing communication. Throughout the school year, we create opportunities for our families to participate in meetings, celebrations, after school activities and special days. Parents and students will receive information about these events through student agendas and SchoolZone. SchoolZone also gives families access to school information, report cards, attendance information, and specific classroom news. If you require assistance with SchoolZone, please contact our school office.
I feel very honoured and privileged to have the opportunity to lead this amazing learning community for the success of all of our students. We encourage you to contact your child’s teacher or our office if you have any questions or if you would like to become more involved in the school through volunteering or joining our Parent Council. We look forward to working alongside you and having you as a part of our Richard Secord community, making a difference for our students and school!
Yours in partnership,